The Entomology Laboratory Chania) implements applied research studies with other research institutes related to the existed and invasive entomological pestsof olive, citrus and avocado. Τhe research includes:
- Improvement or development of new tools and methods against pests such as creating a new trap for Mass Trapping or monitoring insect population.
- Evaluation of new active substances against pests under semi or large field conditions.
- Side effects of pesticides on beneficials and pollinators.
- Rearing of insects for bioassays e.g. resistance studies.
- Development of environmentally friendly method against insect pests.
- Modernization of plant protection with the use of technology and automation.
Garantonakis, Ν., Pappas, Μ.L., Varikou Κ., Skiada, V., Broufas, G., Kavroulakis, N., Papadopoulou, K.K. 2019 Tomato inoculation with the endophytic strain Fusarium solani K results in reduced feeding damage by the zoophytophagous predator Nesidiocoris tenuis. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution , 6, 126.